Saturday, August 30, 2008

Beef and Gravy - Darby

This is another Crockpot-cooking Recipie. I bought a roast and it was a bit too big to make just a pot roast out of. So I cut the roast and cooked 2/3's of it for the pot roast and the other 1/3 I cut into small (and I'd suggest pretty small) pieces, tossed them in a ziploc then into the freezer. A week or so later I was ready to make Beef and Gravy ( I'd suggest 3 cans of soup for more sauce). This was such an easy dish to make. I served it over bowtie pasta and rolls. I think I had pillsbury style rolls on hand so I used those. This is a tasty and hardy meal! I think next time I'll steam some carrots to go along with it!

Ingredients

2-3 pounds roast cut into bite sized pieces
1 packet Lipton's Onion soup mix
2 cans Cream of mushroom soup


Directions

Place pieces of roast in crock pot. Sprinkle packet of onion soup on meat. Cover with cream of mushroom soup. Let cook up to 9 hours. Stir about 1/2 way through cooking. Serve over mashed potatoes or pasta.

No comments: